Hi and thanks for visiting Think Oak! – the Oak Consult Blog
Think Oak! and Oak Consult is built on a passion for people, business and success. All of us have great potential, but many of us get stuck in a rut, or feel that we’re not capable of climbing to greater heights, or starting our own business, or doing whatever we dream of doing.
I have been fortunate to work for and with some great people and organisations and hopefully some of my experiences and learning can help others as they start out or develop their careers or organisations. That’s why I started this blog several years ago and why I founded Oak Consult.
I’ve been asked by a few blog followers, customers and friends…’Why Oak?’, so I thought I’d share it with you here!
1. I love nature and for me the Oak tree epitomises the spirit of life – Thus my other blog and passion Life Spirit.
2. Oak trees take a long time to grow and have small beginnings with the acorn, but have amazing strength, resilience and beauty much like many of us aspire to have.
3. Oak in its natural form provides for its surroundings – shelter for plants, animals and humans alike; food for birds and animals; inspiration for painters, photographers, walkers and thinkers.
4. Oak trees have deep roots and provide stability to the environment around them.
5. Oak in its altered form provides fuel, furniture, buildings, sculptures and most importantly barrels for making my favourite tipples of wine and whisky!
6. The oak is a common symbol of strength and endurance and has been chosen as the national tree of many countries around the world, including England, the United States, Estonia, France, Germany, Moldova, Romania, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Wales, Bulgaria, and Serbia.
7. My father was Irish and I have deep roots, like the Oak. The Celtic meaning of the oak tree includes attributes such as:
I’m pretty sure that these are values that most of us aspire to.
8. Finally, having witnessed it a few times in my career, if people have the belief in themselves, a great idea, are prepared to take a risk and can deliver, even if they stumble along the way, they can become ‘Mighty Oaks from Little Acorns’.
I have a firm belief, that with a good roots (the right environment and encouragement), a strong trunk (belief system and support network), broad and strong branches (the right skills and behaviours), we are in a position to have longevity, deliver great benefits for ourselves, our colleagues and for friends and families and produce acorns for future generations to benefit from.
I hope you enjoy reading my posts, and I’d love to hear your views and feedback, so please drop me an email, tweet or comment on the site.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Email me: email@example.com