Marketing has changed dramatically over the last decade and continues to change. The internet has fundamentally transformed the way people discover, share, connect and buy, whether your customers are consumers or businesses. Gone are the days of ‘Telling and Selling’, except for a few niche markets. There is no ‘One Size Fits All’ approach to marketing any more, even within the same industry sector. At Oak Consult, we’re passionate about Marketing and Sales and can help you navigate the minefields of digital marketing and social media as well as traditional marketing.
How we can help
We follow a staged process in building your marketing strategy and plans.
1. Assessment phase
We spend time with you and your key people to understand your marketing objectives in the following key areas:
- Targeting—who are you going to market your products and services to?
- Positioning—how are you going to differentiate yourself from competitors?
- Product/Service Attributes—what attributes/features will the product/service have?
- Brand Perception – how do your customers feel about you? Do your prospects know who you are?
- Marketing Communications—how are you going to reach the target and with what message?
- Pricing—what price will you charge the target?
- Distribution—what channels will you use to sell the product or service?
- Customer Service—how will you manage additional customer needs?
- Measurement – how are you measuring the impact of your marketing?
- Successes & Failures – what sales and marketing activities have achieved the most success and what hasn’t worked?
- Budgets – how is your marketing budget aligned, spent and measured?
Once we have a detailed understanding of your current and historic activity and performance, Oak Consult will pull together a Marketing Assessment Summary together with some strategic marketing options for you to consider.
2. Marketing Strategy
Once we have agreed the strategic options you wish to pursue, Oak Consult will produce a detailed Marketing Strategy with you. Key areas we would include:
- Marketplace Analysis
- Customer Insights & Segmentation
- Product & Proposition
- Sales & Channel Effectiveness
- Brand Strategy
- Customer Experience
- Customer Loyalty
- Marketing Mix
3. Marketing Planning Phase
Marketing Strategy is useless without a plan to execute it. In this phase Oak Consult works with your teams to turn your strategy into an executable and achievable plan. The output of this phase is a detailed plan including the following:
- WHO you will actively target within the markets you operate in
- WHAT the proposition will be for your target customers
- HOW MUCH you will charge for your products for different customer segments
- HOW you will promote your products to your target customers
- WHERE you will promote and sell your products to target customers
- WHEN you will execute your marketing activity
- WHO will be delivering all elements of the plan
- HOW you will measure success against the above
These outputs will allow your team to execute effectively against your strategy. Alternatively we can also help you with the next phase of Execution.
4. Marketing Execution
Sometimes your organisation may not have the resources to execute effectively against our agreed strategy and plan. It may be more cost-effective to outsource it. Oak Consult can help! We can either assist you directly as a part-time resource or we can engage our partners to help you. We have negotiated competitive rates with the best agencies to help you achieve your business and financial goals!
For a free initial conversation please call 0800 999 4625 or click here
To see our other marketing services please click on the icons below: